It's Annelise from Bye Bye Beehive.
Today I'm here to show you how to poof a ponytail WITHOUT hairspray OR teasing.
See, I'm on a 365-day journey where I am not allowed to
tease, hairspray, dye, blowdry, or use any heat tools or products AT ALL.
So I have to come up with some alternatives.
I hope you enjoy this little tutorial!
I recently had an email asking how to make big hair
without all the teasing and hairspray.
Now, I haven't figured out a way to do this with my hair down,
but with it up? It's a cinch!
- Begin with wavy or curly hair (dirty hair with a bit of texture works best!) Put your hair into a high ponytail.
- Add an alligator clip horizontally that goes through your hair under your ponytail and also partly through your pony. It should make the hair bounce up immediately.
- Make sure your hair in your ponytail is spread out throughout the top of the alligator clip
- Mess up your ponytail for added oomph.
- Voila— a big, messy ponytail.
If you really want you can add some hairspray, but I didn't find it necessary.
Sure, it fell a bit throughout the evening,
but that's OK because dudes don't tend to prefer it that big anyway.
Trust me, if you're doing big hair, guys probably are not a fan.
Keep it simple! ♥